Wedding Package Information
Your Ocracoke Wedding
Based on our experiences over the years planning weddings on Ocracoke, we have developed a unique set of packages and add-ons. We feel strongly that these packages offer the perfect combination of superior quality and value for our guests.
Below is a breakdown of the standard options we offer. PLEASE note that we can provide almost look, style, or experience for your special day. We understand that each and every event is going to be customized to a certain extent, and we are happy to work with you to realize your specific vision. If you don’t see something you are looking for on our standard add-on list, just ask! Looking for a red carpet isle on the lawn? No problem. Drapery & flowers hung from the rafters? No problem… You get the point, just ask!
Step 1: Determine your event size
The size of your event will be the single largest factor in how much your wedding cost. Your venue rate will depend on the size (number of guests) of your event. Below are our rate categories and base prices for a 1-day venue rental. The below packages are based on events up to 175 guests. We can accommodate events up to 300 guests, but they require special packages and pricing.
Base Venue Rental Fee: $1950.00. For each guest add $25.
Example Venue Rates: Base + Guests fee:
All events will have use of the Berkley Barn for their reception, as well as having use of the Berkley Manor for food service, cocktail hour, etc… The Barn or the Manor (depending on event size) will serve as the ceremony backup in the event of inclement weather.
- Book a full week rental of both the Manor & Suites during peak summer season, and receive 50% off of your event rental rate. Valid June 22-August 23.
- Book an offseason event, and receive a 30% venue discount – Valid December 1- March 23.
- Flexible Dates – If you are flexible on your date and are willing to have a mid-week event, please inquire about any specially rates we may have available.
All rentals include the following:
- Access to the venue for 10 hours on the day of your event. This includes 4 hours preparation time, and 6 hours of event time.
- Tables, and chairs for your expected number of guests. All setup and takedown is included
- Seating tables included are 60” rounds, and/or 48” rounds
- Includes (3) 6’ banquet tables and (1) 8’ banquet table for catering, bar services, or other use
- Includes up to 4 cocktail tables
- Includes up to (2) 48” rounds for gifts, cake, or other
- Additional rentals available!
- Bathroom facilities for your guests
- Staff member on site during your event
Step 2: Select your add-ons
Destination weddings can be difficult and stressful to plan without the right help involved. You are trying to plan a large event that needs to be “perfect” on a far away island. That is where we come in. Based on years of experience, we have prepared a list of high quality, high value event add-ons that we can provide in order to take the stress out of your wedding experience.
Since some of our add-on rates are based on the number of guests, the rates for these items are listed in the “Rates” document also included in package. Rather than trying to piece the event rate together yourself, you can simply send us an email with your expected number of guests, and the add-ons you are interested in and we will send you a line itemized quote.
- Coordination Package: This package provides wonderful services at an incredible value. Specific elements include:
- Decoration and Clean Up – We will be responsible for setting the tables for your reception, decorating the barn, and collecting your decorations at the end of your event.
- Coordination Services – We will work with you to coordinate and plan each and every additional aspect of your event, from photographers to officiants, to musicians, and catering services. We will also be on site the day of your event to insure each and every element exceeds your expectations!
- Day of Director – Everyone has plenty on their mind on your special day. Let us take the worry out of it for you with a day-of director. They will take care of making sure everyone is on time, in place, and operating on schedule. He/she will assist with your rehearsal the evening before, and your actual ceremony/reception on the day of.
- Alcoholic Beverage Services: Berkley Events will provide bar services for your event. We provide a professional bartender(s) for 5 hours, all coolers, ice, mixers, water, lemonade, and tea. You must purchase the alcohol separately, but all services are included in this package. If you want liquor served at your event, certain special permits apply. This add-on covers water, lemonade, tea, ice, cups, and bartenders for your event.
- Ceremony on the Berkley Grounds – The Berkley lawn can be the perfect backdrop for your wedding ceremony. Lush grass, beautiful flowers, and a refreshing breeze off of the Pamlico Sound. Includes white wedding chairs, setup, and takedown.
- Ceremony on Silver Lake – There is a beautiful waterfront lot directly across from the Manor property. It borders Silver lake and is absolutely stunning. Includes white wedding chairs, setup, and takedown.
- Event DJ – 4 hours of DJ services from one of Ocracoke’s great DJ’s. All equipment provided!
- Rehearsal Dinner –Hold your rehearsal dinner for up to 40 guests in the Berkley dining room. Includes venue, tables, chairs, setup and cleaning. Please note, this is for the venue but does not include the actual food.
- Welcome Party – Looking for something a little more casual than a seated rehearsal dinner? A welcome party is a fantastic way to kick off a wedding weekend by gathering all your family and friends and welcoming them to the island. This is typically a 1-3 hour event. Includes venue (Berkley grounds or Berkley Barn), tables, and chairs.
- Table linens and napkins for your reception – Choose this add-on if you would like us to provide high quality tablecloths and linen napkins. Other materials are available but may cost slightly more.
- Tree Lighting – VERY POPULAR! Looking for a stunning look throughout the Berkley grounds? Let us add string lighting to the trees throughout the Berkley Grounds. This truly creates a one of a kind look for your special event.
- Wine Barrels – Want a great rustic look for your event? Look no further than our rustic wine barrels. They are great as cocktail tables when combined with our glass tops, and can be used as entrance pieces, floral stands, or as stands for a rustic wooden door table.
- Centerpiece Chandelier Rental – We have a beautiful crystal chandelier that can be hung as a centerpiece in the barn.
- Berkley Barn Fireplaces – Throughout the duration of the reception, both fireplaces will remain lit giving off a romantic glow and providing extra warmth.
- Berkley Manor Accommodations Rental: Accommodations are not always easy to secure on Ocracoke. What is better than removing that worry at the same time that you book your venue! The Manor can accommodate up to 18 guests. Make sure to read about our “block booking” option in the policies and details section. The Manor is a beautiful 1950’s era hunting lodge that was renovated in 2012 to provide all the modern conveniences while preserving its historic look and feel. 7500 square feet in total, with 5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, a dining room with seating for 40, and much more!
- Berkley Suites Accommodations Rental: The suites can accommodate up to 14 guests. Make sure to read about our “block booking” option in the policies and details section. The Berkley Suites is a brand new house built on the Berkley Estate in 2017. It includes 3, 2-room suites, each with their own private bathroom, plus a living area with an additional full bathroom. Equipped with an elevator and fully furnished kitchen.