As we begin to transition seasons into warmer weather, longer daylight, greener grass, and new life, we are also reminded that weddings, special occasions, and events will soon be taking place at the Berkley Manor. Needless to say, we are ready!
At this time, holiday engagements have taken place, wedding dates have been selected, and thus, the wedding planning season has begun. For most brides, grooms, wedding coordinators, maids of honor, family members and friends, this can be a very exciting time and yet overwhelming. Here at the Berkley we are in the business of removing as much stress and items off your “to-do list” as possible. In doing so, we are happy to offer as much insight to weddings on Ocracoke as desired. Our goal is to make planning a destination wedding easy from wherever you are.
This week our wedding planning focus includes catering services available on Ocracoke. Let’s face it, food is a crucial aspect of any event, and we want you to feel comfortable with your decision-making. Below is a list of restaurants that we have worked with in the past. If you have other dining preferences, we have great relationship with all options on the island and are happy to accommodate any other catering service.
- Back Porch – The Back Porch presents cuisine reflecting outstanding American courses and fresh local seafood. In past weddings, it has offered catering options taken directly from the menu and also new items created especially for the big day. For more information please click here.
- Dajio – Dajio is a “from scratch” restaurant. All ingredients are fresh from the sea and garden and crafted to concoct the perfect meal. Dajio is able to offer a wide range of catering options, including everything from a casual buffet or fried chicken to shrimp boil and plated dinner with passed hors d’ouevres. For more information, please click here.
- Eduardo’s Taco Stand – Eduardo’s offers some of the finest authentic Mexican food you will ever come across. From tacos to custom creations, Eduardo can help you create the perfect menu for your special day. Although he does not have a web site, you’ll find the information you need to get started here. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Flying Melon – The Flying Melon prepares outstanding cuisine featuring a Creole and Southern style. Similar to other Ocracoke restaurants, the chef uses fresh ingredients and local seafood. In the past, Flying Melon has worked with wedding parties to cover rehearsal dinners and/or receptions. For more information, please click here.
- Captain Puddle Ducks Steamers – If seafood is your style, Captain Puddle Ducks is an excellent choice. It offers all the seafood you can fancy and at top quality – clams, shrimp, blue crabs, stone crabs, and oysters. In past weddings, Puddle Ducks has prepared seafood buffets with all the side fixings galore. For more information, please click here.
- Zillie’s Island Pantry – Zillie’s is our in-house catering service. David Bundy and the team specialize in their exquisite collection of wine and beer with perfected meal pairings. Whatever your preferred style of dining is for the big day, David and Chef Chris will be sure to make your wishes come to life. For more information, please visit here.
Weddings and special occasions can come with lots of emotions. Allow us to take the planning stress off you. We are here to help and make your destination wedding one of your most memorable days.